Bilingual Commercial/Logistical Assistant
Reporting to: Sales Manager
A logistical assistant helps handle the company’s shipping and receiving processes (of products: seasonings and processed foods), and all the logistics from Japan, Thailand, China, Taiwan and other countries to the European countries including France. S/he makes sure shelves are stocked, orders are tracked and invoices are filed.
Responsibilities and main tasks:
Logistical assistants must have a thorough knowledge of their company’s products and understand how the products should be stored and handled. S/he must stay up to date on trends, occasionally making recommendations to management on new methods or services that might benefit the company. A logistical assistant has to know how to handle equipment and packaging used to ship and store merchandise. S/he is also usually responsible for the upkeep of the warehouse.
- Verify the import/export regulations of each country
- Occasional business trip to other European cities (ex. Brussels) is foreseen.
- The ratio of work dedicated would be 80% for logistics related activities and 20 % for commercial.
- As a commercial assistant, assist and participate creating the advertisement (translation if necessary)
Duration of Contract: CDI
Experience: 3 – 5 years of experience in logistics is required
Skills and abilities:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English
- Logistical assistant should be organized, motivated, analytical and a capable problem solver.
- Strong communication skills, since s/he often deals with everyone from management to merchandise salespeople.
- Need to work well independently or a member of a team,
- Own sound negotiating skills
- Excel in the multinational environment
Languages : French – fluent, English – fluent and Japanese – fluent.
Software: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, SAP
Please send me your French, English and Japanese CV to email@example.com for more information about this opportunity !